Make no mistake, being a mom is the BEST gig I’ve ever had. It’s also, without a doubt, the TOUGHEST gig I’ve ever had!
I never really know what each day in my mom-life is going to look like. I like to have a basic vision, but the reality is that stuff happens and just when I think I am totally rocking it something hits me from out of nowhere and I find myself floundering for a bit. It’s never for very long, but honestly, in that moment it feels like FOREVER.
Maybe you can relate? I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. All I know is that every now and again I have to give myself Permission To…
- Cry in the parking lot in my car (yes, that was me this week)
- Go to bed early.
- Feed the kids “emergency food” for dinner (meaning whatever is in the cupboard/fridge that doesn’t require cooking)
- Call a friend who understands and just let it all out.
- Eat comfort food for all 3 main meals in one day (that would be my baked potato meals, lol!)
- Get into pj’s as soon I get home, curl up on the couch and do whatever work needs doing from my laptop there while watching/listening to a sappy movie.
- Cuddle with Dharma (my most awesome kitty-cat!).
We don’t have to be PERFECT. In fact, I have very strong views on the use and concept of the word PERFECT which I’ll share with you in a future blog-post. Allow yourself to feel the feelings when things go awry – obviously try to do that in a way that is not super disruptive to work/school if at all possible, but let yourself experience them so you can process them.
I’d love to know how you cope when your mom-life feels like it is going off the rails. There’s strength in sharing. Remember, we’re all in this together!
Always from the Heart